- Maintain web services;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Use practical solutions to implement feature requests;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own code;
- Be aware of technical constraints for systems / features;
- Write clear and well-structured code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Ensure that code changes are fully tested by yourself and involving quality control when appropriate;
- Follow relevant check-in procedures;
- Stay up to date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code review for peers;
- Assist less experienced web developers;
- Support their manager in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Git, Perforce);
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, node.js, Perl, PHP, Python);
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. mongoDB, MySQL);
- Basic understanding of bandwidth considerations;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Knowledge of analytics systems (e.g. Kibana, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana) is desirable;
- Knowledge of application deployment systems (e.g. Kubernetes) is desirable;
- Knowledge of web app development platforms (e.g. Angular) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent;
- 3 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published project as a web developer;
- Experience profiling and optimisation is desirable;
- Experience in device and browser compatibility is desirable;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Code and source control is desirable;
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.