Web & Editorial Manager
Discord is looking for an experienced Web and Editorial manager to lead our content and web team composed of content managers, content writers and external agencies. You'll be the guiding light for our web, content, and editorial strategy and execution, ensuring our brand voice comes to life. As the Web and Editorial Lead you'll oversee the delivery of all web content projects from ideation through execution while keeping the health of our web and content channels top of mind. This role would report to the Senior Manager, Brand Marketing.
We are on a mission to create space for everyone to find belonging because we envision an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. The Brand Marketing team is dedicated to our communities and superfans, listening and collaborating with them at every turn. Being close with them helps us continue to welcome new friends through the experience of the Discord brand. Work alongside many teams including: Product, Social, Video, Experiential, Comms, Legal, Policy, CX, Data, and Creative. The Brand team crafts all external channels and touchpoints of Discord, bringing the values and voice to life. The communities on Discord are our endless source of inspiration, and paired with your expertise, we will continue to make this place something to be proud of.
What you'll be doing
- Cross functionally lead a team of web producers, designers, and editorial content managers to build out our content and web strategy and process to meet the evolving needs of the company
- Lead the production of online content from product concept through completion, including product updates and revisions
- Draft plans, processes, and timelines to clearly align and guide our team and agency resources on content development projects
- Assign and coordinate internal and external (agency or freelance) resources for writing, graphic design, photography, SEO, and other asset creation
- Manage the front-end development of web projects as well as the upkeep of our content management system (CMS) and establish best practices around SEO, accessibility, and editorial
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure a flawless user experience between web and product
- Be the connector among product marketing, brand marketing, public relations and policy team to build and manage Discord’s web and editorial content
- Work collaboratively with our Data team and use analytics tools to develop a data-driven approach that aligns web editorial content production and distribution to maximum benefit of the brand
- Deliver content to our customers around the world and build a team of Web and editorial content producers
What you should have
- You have experience managing a team and coaching people to succeed
- You bring an exceptional attention to detail, and a passion for content integrity, and our community member experience
- You are an arranger extraordinaire, taking the pieces from multiple sources and arranging them to make a masterpiece
- You are a builder who can set the foundation and phased approach to grow your team and capabilities
- Since you will be a very cross functional player, communication skills are a must
- 5+ years of experience leading web and editorial content
- You have an understanding of subcultures and fandoms of many kinds!
- Familiarity with tools: Webflow, Asana, Google Analytics
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $121,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $96,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-KS1 #LI-Remote
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!