Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Website Editor to join our talented Brand team on our award-winning Total War Franchise. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
For this role, we are looking for a content writer and editor to generate, produce and communicate the ongoing accomplishments of the development team through regular posts, patch notes, press releases, and other regular writing projects.
As the Website Editor, you will create and execute a content strategy across the Total War websites, in-game launcher, CRM output and more. You will use a deep knowledge of our current and potential audience to guide us toward content that will entertain, inform, engage, and keep them coming back for more.
As a natural storyteller with a mix of strategic thinker and hands-on doer, you will be an independent force, but you won’t be alone. You’ll rally teammates across functions to shape its delivery and creative execution, working with brand designers, video content creators, and developers to deliver on the road map you set.
The right person for this role will constantly be striving to innovate in the digital space. You will seek out new ideas and educate the team around you on how these can be implemented across our franchise. You will have proven leadership experience and will know how to work with multiple stakeholders across multiple projects to get things done.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for editorial ownership over the web presence for the entire Total War franchise and its interactions with tools like our launcher, in-game news, and CRM
- Create and execute a results-driven content strategy that drives the reach and engagement across multiple channels, tailoring it to campaign-specific needs
- Liaise with live services production teams to ensure tools and functionality are in place to deliver your schedule and take advantage of new tech and trends
- Work with Brand Managers to leverage individual title strategies and contribute to global marketing plans for all upcoming Total War titles
- Create and commission content for multiple projects often at the same time, tailoring ideas to strategic goals that will engage and excite our audience
- Experience in a journalism, public relations, or content-driven role
- Insatiable curiosity and a drive to seek out and share engaging stories
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing content strategy
- Positive personal attitude and a natural inclination to connect with others
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to self-manage and motivate
- Knowledge of WordPress or similar CMS tools
- Experience working in the games or entertainment industry
- Appreciation and understanding of strategy games and their audience
- Knowledge of website analytics, consumer metrics, and goal setting
About Creative AssemblyIt’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.