The animator creates animation for characters and/or objects based on rigged 3D models, and contributes to the visual elements of the gameplay and/or cut scenes.
The main and routine tasks of the animator are to:
- Create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction
- Understand and manipulate mocap data for in-game animation systems
- Work in close collaboration with the animation director, art director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations
- Be able to prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation and gameplay-related discussions
- Help estimate the time required to carry out own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines
- Report any potential animation-related issues to the immediate supervisor
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Preferably with a college diploma in 3D for video games or equivalent
- Preferably with experience in video game animation
- In-depth understanding of movement in space
- Aesthetic sense
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the human anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character concepts in order to express character emotions through movement
- Ability to adapt to change, flexible, open-minded
- Ability to receive, seek and provide constructive criticism
- Ability to work effectively with members of the animation team and other teams on the project
To all applicants: Kindly upload your cover letter, CV and include a like to your online portfolio.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to embark on an epic journey and create the unknown.