Character Art Integrator - Contract
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Download the daily deliveries from outsource vendors into folders for storage.
- Organize and QC the source assets to keep better optimization in mind. (e.g. Substance Painter, Maya)
- Assure assets are of the highest technical quality.
- Update files in Perforce and integrate the needed assets into the engine.
- Set up and maintain the graphs for static characters with correct shaders and textures in the engine.
- Support for the Character Artists with in-engine work.
- Work closely with the Tech Artists to ensure the static and rigged characters match.
- Be familiar with the character art pipeline to be able to determine the technical needs of the project.
- Collaborate with the Art Leads to deliver the art vision within the project requirements.
- Actively communicate to remain informed of new technical and artistic developments and share ideas with peers.
- Drive optimization and debugging to fix issues raised.
- Develop or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Knowledge of an asset management system. (e.g. Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain)
- Exceptional attention to organization, detail, accuracy, and commitment to maintaining high standards of work.
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques is a plus. (e.g. shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.)
- Knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, Painter, Python, MEL, MAXScript is a plus.
- Strong foundation of fine art is a plus.
- Character art education is a plus.
- Solid technical background with an artistic sense in lighting, color, and art composition.
- Previous experience with getting game assets into an engine.
Contract rate is between $35-$40 per hr for 40 hrs a week.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters