Global Public Relations Manager, EA SPORTS FIFA (Contract)
At the forefront of building meaningful relationships with football fans around the world, the EA SPORTS FIFA Integrated Communications team is a multi-functional group guided by social purpose and inclusive values. We develop the strategic vision of our football platform, run world class multi-channel campaigns, drive engagement across all touch points, and put our players first.
Reporting into the Global PR Lead, the Global PR Manager will help execute PR projects across the entirety of our football platform, and will help shape the future of football and interactive gaming and entertainment.
Preference is for the successful candidate to live in proximity to an Electronic Arts Vancouver office, but we are open to remote or hybrid talent located within Canada.
- Issues Management – you will support our strategy and response through issues management planning and crisis communications. Work with teams to plan for and reduce impact of issues at a product level. Assist Global PR lead with the development of key messaging/reactive messaging for potential issues.
- Brand Narrative – Important partner in building and evolving our narrative to proactively support brand campaigns including FIFA live service campaigns, FIFA Mobile, and global brand activations, driving end-to-end global execution.
- Media Relations – Leader in media relations, including working with partner teams to establish messaging and lead coverage in gaming, sports, technology, and industry media. You will build partnerships with important reporters and contacts. Advise internal partners on media relations strategies.
- Project management - You will help develop pitch materials, including writing press releases, for a variety of announcements and events and will work with internal brand, production, creative teams, as well as agency partners to keep media informed and engaged.
- Reporting - You will be a key partner in reporting on PR initiatives and ROI.
- 4+ years of experience, with track record in issues management, consumer PR and corporate communications
- Passion for gaming and game creators, entertainment, building player connections, and having fun
- Passion for Global Football / Sports
- Expert skills in communications, media relations, writing, message development and reputation management
- Maintain existing relationships with gaming, sports, entertainment, technology, and industry media outlets and writers
- Manage high-pressure crisis situations, and work in situations to determine a clear path
- Experienced at tying multiple communications initiatives into global narratives
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or related field an asset