HR Generalist (Mid-level and Senior)
Rockstar India is looking for a seasoned Mid- Level/ Senior HR Generalist who will support, manage, and improve the day-to-day HR operations for the India studio while also supporting additional efforts globally. This is an amazing opportunity to continue your career as an HR professional while supporting all facets of the HR function from benefits, payroll, global transfers and relocation, compensation, employee engagement and communications.
The ideal candidate has the ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs. You are highly accountable, organized, flexible and have the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and customer service. You must also have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with multiple stakeholders and the desire to jump in and contribute to an agile, creative, and fast-paced environment. Bring your knowledge and expertise as an experienced Mid- Level/ Senior HR Generalist and help Rockstar Games grow, scale, and organize our programs and processes. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
- Support the HR team in ensuring all employee related policies and best practices.
- Answer internal and external queries regarding benefits, payroll, HRIS (Workday), policies and procedures, and leaves of absence.
- Partner with employees and management to interpret and administer various human resources policies, procedures, laws, and state and central regulations.
- Manage and support the onboarding, exit, and performance review processes.
- Work closely with HR leadership to create and communicate internal guidance, resources, checklists etc. for managers, team members, and employees.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing – answering challenging questions in simple terms and resolving urgent issues quickly and efficiently.
- Work independently while also being a highly collaborative team player.
- Maintain and accurately process documentation related to HR activities on Rockstar’s HR information system ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Draft letters on employment matters.
- Ensure confidentiality of all HR and employee documentation.
- Review and track all attendance records, raising cases of concern to respective managers.
- Help identify ways to improve HR processes and procedures.
- Coordinate training sessions, seminars and maintain the attendance and feedback records.
- Produce and analyze reports on General HR activity.
- Be flexible in your approach to your work hours to enable Rockstar India to meet project deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, Finance, or relevant business field strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Self-motivation; ability to work independently with an understanding of when to escalate issues.
- A track record for being able to connect as a trusted advisor with senior staff, with strong instincts and interpersonal skills along with a highly collaborative approach.
- Cultural agility and experience in working across cultures and with the flexibility to span time zones.
- Excellent computer skills are essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Zoom, Web-based research).
- Project management experience across multiple disciplines, from conception to implementation.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Strong customer service orientation including a friendly, helpful, and professional demeanor.
- Business work stream mapping and process optimization skillset is necessary.
- Must possess a collaborative, flexible, positive, confident, and can-do attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Previous HR experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
- Passion for Rockstar and our games is a plus, but not required.
- Workday, Greenhouse, and ServiceNow workflow technology preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.