Integration Software Engineer - C++ (Battlefield Core Tech)
Our Battlefield Technology Team is home to remarkable technical talent building Battlefield tools and technology on EA's proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We aim to empower engineering and content creation with a myriad of tools and workflows, while empowering the multi-studio distributed development team to create connected experiences for Battlefield fans around the world. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and that's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we work towards a common cause. Join us!
As a Integration Engineer, you will help establish new policies, improving process and culture to reach better quality. You will be part of a central tech team delivering tools and technology to the Battlefield Franchise teams. Integration Engineers respond to issues from game teams by gathering and analyzing data from different sources to help identify and fix defects, and implement tools to measure and improve the efficiency of software development and testing in order to enhance the product quality.
Ensuring build quality requires adaptability and broad knowledge, to be able to jump on unfamiliar code written in C++, C#, Groovy or Python and use autotest results and source control history. You will need to be able to understand the full toolchain to produce a game, and of working with other engineering teams to develop and improve parts of the toolchain. You will report into a Development Director.
- React to continuous integration alerts, by do preliminary analysis and dispatch to the appropriate team
- Maintain and optimize the build production toolchain
- Integrate code from development branch to release branch
- Previous experiences in Release Engineer or Integration Engineer discipline or multiple Engineering disciplines in game software development
- Generalist with 2+ years of professional experience in C++
- Experience debugging code and finding defects
Nice to have
- Experience with continuous integration or build systems
- Experience with Visual Studio and the C++ compiler and linker
- Experience with C#, python or Shell scripting
- Experience in a version control system