Java Software Engineer
EA Sports FIFA is the most popular and bestselling sports video game in the world. Year after year, FIFA Soccer provides unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans of “the beautiful game”.
Within FIFA is the very popular mode called FIFA Ultimate Team. FIFA Ultimate Team is a live service with multiple platforms working with our online services to make the mode a success. With success come lots of users and hence performance and security are a great focus for us.
The Java Server Engineer is involved in the server development process, from architecture and technical design, to implementation, debugging on multiple platforms, and working on complex problems (big data, load, up-time, e-commerce) alongside designers, producers and other engineers.
What you will do as a Java engineer
- Develop and maintain features within large-scale, distributed back-end services.
- Provide backend functionality for multi-platform, user-facing clients, and internal tools.
- Issue investigation and fixing in a dynamic live service context.
- Collaborate with a large team, both local and across other EA studios.
We are looking for
- Experience developing Java object-oriented software and services.
- Experience working on backend services/servers (REST APIs over HTTP).
- Working knowledge of MySQL/SQL.
- Proficiency with software design/architecture.
- Experience with unit testing (J-Unit) in Eclipse/IntelliJ.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience developing, maintaining and innovating large-scale distributed applications.
- Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding.
- Basic Linux/shell commands.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with load testing and system analysis.
- Experience working with remote teams.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?