Participates in creating audio content (sound design, music, and voiceover) under supervision and supports their integration.
Your main mission:
- Analyze high-level game mechanics and determine an appropriate audio treatment
- Work closely with game designers, level designers and programmers to ensure that the audio design supports the design intention
- Use your knowledge of audio tools and game editors in order to integrate audio content, fix bugs and create new functionalities
- Ensure that the audio content you produce functions as intended, once implemented in the game
- Apply audio concepts (sound manipulation tools, music theory etc.) as part of your working audio designs
- Respect the imposed deadline for finalizing the received tasks
What you’ll bring as experience:
- Production Pipelines and Technology
- Understands the basic processes and typical game production life cycles
- Understands and is able to work with deadlines
- Audio documentation:
- Knows the importance of documentation and planning for game productions and create additional documentation if needed.
- Music and Audio Design
- Solid skills in various DAWs (Reaper - is preferred, Nuendo, Cubase, Pro Tools, Ableton…) and Audio Editing Tools (Sound Forge, Wavelab…)
- Has basic knowledge of music theory and concepts (rhythm, harmony, etc)
- Is able to create and implement audio content – SFX, Foley, UI/Menu, Music etc
- Game Audio Production Tools
- Is comfortable working with audio pipeline packages
- Understands the basic functions of an audio engine
- Has basic knowledge about field recording (ambiance sounds)
What You'll Bring As a Colleague:
- Must be motivated and passionate about sound design and video games
- Self-driven, team player and willingness to learn
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.