Manager I, Controllership ( IC)
Mar 17, 2023
Job Title: Manager I, Controllership
Experience: 12-13 years
A challenging opportunity with Electronic Arts (India) in Controllership function. Candidate will be responsible to perform high complex and review General ledger activities which includes Lease Accounting, Derivatives and Hedge Accounting, Inter-Company Accounting, Fixed Assets Accounting, review of Bank Reconciliations, Manual Journal Entries, VAT Computation etc. primarily for North America. He/she will also be assisting month end close activities and supporting other team members in carrying out the responsibilities of the organization.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
- Evaluates relevant intermediate emerging technical accounting issues. Stays current with relevant advanced accounting knowledge. Prepares and provides training.
- Resolves and reviews [intermediate] accounting policy and regulatory issues and provides guidance to finance and non-finance partners. Review and Recommend changes to all processes improving the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
- Interprets prepares and reviews documentation and accounting assessments.
- Understands, documents, reviews, and monitors [intermediate to complex] accounting and reconciliations. Possess SME level of understanding in Leases, Derivative/Hedge accounting, Intercompany, Bank, Fixed Assets, and payroll.
- Designs and implements improvements or standardization of intermediate to complex new or existing processes and systems. Tests and trains users on intermediate to complex systems or processes. Can Drive the process efficiency through Process improvements or automation.
- Identifies and documents risks and key dependencies and has an intermediate to advanced understanding of risk and controls in Controllership.
- Analytical: Creates and reviews standard to complex regular and ad hoc analysis to support financial results and operations (for example variance analysis, close packs, forecast inputs, journal entries, and reconciliations).
- Presentations: Prepares and delivers presentations for management and with larger groups in the finance during BSR meetings.
- Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and prepaid Journal Entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
- Understand US-GAAP and the underlying accounting aspects. Can resolve the reconciliation and accounting queries from the team.
- Have strong knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement)
- Can drive the quarterly reviews or Business review with the Leadership Team/Stakeholders independently.
- Can completely own any transition opportunities identified and setup appropriate documents and establish Service level agreements for the same.
- Adherence to the internal controls and support the review of key controls and SOX compliance.
- Should be able to assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Qualified or Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant with Master-degree in Commerce having minimum of 12 to 13 years of relevant experience.
- Mid-size team leading experience will be added advantage.
- Experience in Controllership for a large MNC preferably BPO/KPOs or Captives having Finance and Accounting services
- Have hands-on experience driving transitions and setting up new processes in Finance and Accounting function.
- Have hands-on experience in Oracle Enterprise Business Suite R12, Cadency Certification and understand the multi-Currency COA
- Have Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and good knowledge on PowerPoint Too.
- Have very good Communication Skills and able to manage the external and company partners independently
- Advanced accounting and financial skills required. Hunger to apply accounting principles and practices. Experience in USGAAP is must.
- Ready to work from HYD office under the Hybrid model.