Product Marketing Manager 1 - 147682
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Partner Marketing Manager
The candidate will work with a key OEM to develop partner specific marketing content and events for AMD’s Data Center and Embedded Systems Group. In this highly collaborative role, you will work with engineering, product management, sales, and an OEM partner to promote business, solutions, products, and the AMD brand.
The candidate should be prepared to jump in, take the lead and learn quickly. You must have the ability to communicate effectively, plus be highly organized and have interpersonal skills. The candidate will need to effectively understand AMD marketing objectives and goals, and key messages to enable aligned strategies.
- Partner Marketing: Understand the buyer’s journey and create marketing material for sales teams focused on a specific step of the selling process. Align with the lead Marketing Development Manager. Support the lead Marketing Development Manager in marketing activities and collateral.
- Dashboard Maintenance/Stakeholder Communication: Align with regional Marketing on monthly or quarterly updates. Manage proactive communications with relevant stakeholders from strategy through dashboard execution. Help standardize the process.
- Market Opportunities: Discover challenges in the market by interviewing customers, recent evaluators along with potential customers and sales teams. Validate urgent problems to show their pervasiveness in the market.
- OEM Competitive Landscape: Identify competitive and alternative offerings in the market. Assess their strengths and weaknesses. Compare pricing and capabilities. Develop a strategy for winning against the competition.
- Template Development and Planning: Standard development of operating templates with the guidance of the team lead. Share best practices with other operations teams.
- Campaign Marketing: Manage, maintain, and report on regional and global marketing projects.
- Highly results-driven and self-motivated with the ability to work as a team member and individually.
- Knowledge of modern server platform architecture including knowledge of the processor and the ecosystem, with the ability to communicate in a simple manner.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple simultaneous projects with an unstructured or ambiguous environment.
- Understands both user and buyer personas for server and server processor products and solutions.
- Understand customer pain points, goals, and opportunities.
- Outstanding written, oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- 3+ years of experience in the computing industry at an OEM, ODM, or technology provider.
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing marketing role.
- Cross functional collaboration and alignment both internal and with customers in running events, launching product, development of collateral, and/or development of a campaign.
- Management of campaign delivery and post-delivery analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer or Electrical), Business, or Marketing
- Austin or Houston preferred.
- Some travel (up to 25%), is expected.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 147682
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Business Marketing
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.