Program Manager 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Implementation Manager
The primary role of this position is:
This is an engineering program management position responsible for driving the schedule, logistics and overall program success of a product engineering team. The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and have an aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment. Must have a passion for product engineering and a willingness to dive into technical areas outside of your expertise to pull the team past blockers.
Team activities ensure overall compatibility, compliance, and test coverage of AMD microprocessors from pre-silicon planning through high volume manufacturing by designing, developing, and modifying product specific test hardware, software and diagnostics. Team correlates the test solution to lab/manufacturing/customer platforms to validate product design, fabrication process, packaging technology, and manufacturing robustness to product specifications.
Potential roles include:
- Communicate status to management or executive staff
- Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Define and manage key product deliverables/schedules and driving cross functional activities
- Drive pre-silicon planning
- Drive customer samples execution and high-volume manufacturing readiness, once silicon arrives
- Work closely with our North America Engineering and Operations counterparts (extensive interactions within the Product Engineering organization)
- Interact with several other internal organizations (Design, Supply Chain, Business and Customer Engineering)
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with other departments
- Collaborate on or assume responsibility for a specific project, or a definable portion of a larger project or process
- Other duties as necessary
Education: Candidates will have a B.S. or M.S. degree plus engineering or related experience.
- Extensive experience in semiconductor product development, preferably CPUs
- Experience managing projects
- Experience using Microsoft standard apps (i.e. Office), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems to manage schedule, budget and provide status updates
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with geographically distributed product engineering teams
- Experience presenting to Director level management internally
- Background in Solid State Physics, Computer Architecture, Digital or Analog Design
- Background in Product Engineering or Program Management
- Debug experience in hardware, software, device, and/or manufacturing domains.
- Courses or certifications in project management (PMI, LSS, AGILE, ISO 9000)
- Experience in XP, AGILE, Scrum, or Kanban
Location: Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 163770
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.