At Unity, we are passionate about gaming, and we love that we provide professional and indie creators with the leading platform to bring their ideas to life. Monthly, billions of gamers around the world discover incredible games that are Made with Unity, contributing to the success of developers and the delight of game players.
We want to go one step further. We believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we see that players themselves are becoming the creators of the future.
Purpose Of Role
Mobile QA testing is a key part within our development team, and we are relying heavily on our testing team in order to be able to continue to achieve excellent results. The QA tester will adhere to the Testing Practices and Processes including delivery of quality test strategies for projects owned, creating test cases to ensure full scope and coverage has been achieved and also provide quality within mobile testing.
Working within an agile team and contributing to sprint in:
- Carrying out manual hands-on mobile testing.
- Creation and management of test cases and scripts.
- Owning the QA process and features.
- Defect management.
- Constant collaboration within the QA team & all other departments.
- Working closely with other team members to gain an in-depth understanding of requirements.
- Contribute to process improvements within the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the testing being conducted in relation to the functional areas of the system and/or entire projects is adequate.
- Be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle, working closely on planning, testing, documentation, and more.
- Ensure our iOS and android updates are shipped on time with maximum quality and minimal bugs.
- Work closely with the development and community team to provide early feedback, test new features, and investigate user feedback from a technical perspective
- Work with Product Management and Developers to identify and validate requirements, risks and produce test plans.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships across the company.
- Being an effective feature owner and taking leadership of features, Owning the QA process and improving the overall release quality.
- Strong experience with QA testing on mobile applications, preferably games aswell as JIRA, Confluence and Testrail.
- Good interpersonal skills; someone who is proactive, a team player with the proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- A motivated professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
You might also have
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, test plan organization, and technical requirements.
- Experience in a QA role within the games industry.
- Strong knowledge about best practices in mobile game design/ testing
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.