Senior Model Artist
About the Role
As a senior model artist, you will utilize your experience in game development to focus on the realistic creation of art content specifically building and props of all kinds! You will make use of technical and creative resources to achieve consistency of art throughout the project. You will collaborate with other artists and designers to achieve team and project goals.
What you will do
- Responsible for constructing models & texture of various environment assets, specifically the props and hard-surface (weapon and vehicle) even building.
- Use art 3D development tools while maintaining polygon budget, platform restrictions, and technology limitations.
- Cooperate with other teams (Concept team, technical team and vendors) outside of graphics as necessary to bring tasks to completion;
- Continuously learn new graphics tools and processes in line with the requirements;
- Design the model based on origin concept reference from lead studio
- Complete outsourcing management, quality audit and task reviews independently;
What you will bring
- Proven knowledge in Architecture, Design
- Proven experiences in art production and model review, preferably western realistic style in the video games industry
- Proven experience in art 3D development tools (Maya & Max, Photoshop, Substance, Zbrush, etc.)
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices
- Proactive problem solver, willing to investigate all aspects of the issue to seek resolution
- Logical, organized, and detail-oriented, able to focus on quality and deadlines simultaneously
- Task-driven with good time management skills, ability to work independently as well as a good team player
- Shipped at least 2 AAA Projects;
- Better with management experience and vendor management experience;
- Able to communicate with lead studio with clear thinking;
- Familiar with game production pipeline and art workflow, also with high art aesthetics;
Nice to have:
- Passionate about creating and playing video games
- Good English skills is a bonus
Benefits and Perks from Ubisoft Shanghai:
- Future of Work framework: We believe that working location flexibility is essential to employee engagement and contributes to our high value of work-life balance
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave
- Monthly meal and snack allowance
- Premium medical insurance plan and free annual health check
- Game Package: free access to Ubisoft games on PC plus a rich and expanding library of games & books
- Employee Assistance Program: wellbeing solutions, emotional support, and life coaching
- Jumpstart your growth: A rich resevoir of premium and exclusive learning resources to support your continuous learning, expand your skillset, and advance your career.
- 10+ staff clubs featuring weekly sports and gaming activities and events
Ubisoft CSR commitment
Making a long-lasting positive impact for our players, our teams, our partners and our planet.
In Ubisoft, we are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
To learn more about Ubisoft’s Environmental Commitment
Play Green: Ubisoft’s Commitment to Global Carbon Neutrality