Senior UI/Frontend Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world’s biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
T2 Direct to Consumer:
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
Help us build something from the ground up! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help establish the culture for our engineering team and lay the foundation for our frontend architecture. Our team embraces a culture of performance, automation, and iteration. We aim to move fast and are not afraid to experiment, fail and try something new. Because our team is small, you will have a chance to work across the stack from building out our design system to helping write tools for our CI/CD pipeline.
Here’s an example of a task you could work on:
- Architect and code a responsive purchase flow for games in React
- Make sure its performant and accessible
- Write automated tests for it
- Integrate with your code with a few of the largest games in the world
Although this is primarily a frontend position, our engineers are not bound by titles and domain expertise. We encourage our engineers to work together, across domains in order to deliver a high quality experience to our users.
- 100% of time hands on coding
- Build out various frontend applications
- Championing a culture of iteration, experimentation and performance
- Evangelizing automated testing best practices for unit/integration/e2e tests
- Collaborating with our design and product teams to build out new features
- Building out our set of reusable components
- Working with our operations team to build out our tooling and CI/CD pipelines
- Working with game teams to integrate the technology and products we build
What you bring:
- 5-7 years professional experience in software engineering
- Experience using ES6
- Experience with automated testing (unit, integration and e2e)
- Experience with React in a production environment
- Experience with Accessibility
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with building single page applications
- Experience with web performance and monitoring, including load time optimizations and run time optimizations
- Familiarity with modern front-end tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Parcel
- Love for Games
- Experience with SVG Animations
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience building out a component library
- Experience building progressive web applications
- Experience with CSS-in-JS
- Experience with server side rendering
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Electron
- Experience in the games industry
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.