Software Engineer II
About this Role
Fandom is growing! Our Software Engineer II opportunity is based in Poland, and reports to our Manager of Software Engineering.
Our Ad Operations Engineering team is a fan of building some of the biggest fan knowledge bases in the world, including communities built around pop culture phenomena like Star Wars, Minecraft, Marvel Comics, and thousands of others.
On a daily basis you will work in a Scrum environment in a team of up to 7 engineers working autonomously on the part of our platform.
- Develop products, and build larger parts of the systems owned by your team.
- Design, spike and develop systems in an Agile process.
- Able to take ownership of subsystem or component design and delivery.
- Analyze TB of data to get answers, prove hypotheses or just check how a new feature is performing.
- Ensure that your team delivers high quality code using code reviews on a daily basis
- Take an active part and lead some of the product design and build processes.
- Own what you build!
- Proficiency in more than one technology stack
- Designed and developed features and potentially whole systems or platforms
- A passion software craftsmanship and delivering well structured and readable code
- Experience with working on highly scalable applications
- A proven track record in working on hard problems or complex tasks
- Eye on software performance and quality
- Courage for learning new technologies and techniques and introducing them in the team
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- DevOps experience using Docker, k8s, Cloud or any other toolset
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to a multitude of popular online courses and books sponsored by our company
- Training (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by our company
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 350 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms. Fandom’s Gaming division manages the online video game retailer Fanatical. Fandom Productions, the content arm of Fandom, enhances the fan experience through curated editorial coverage and branded content from trusted and established publishing brands Gamespot, TV Guide and Metacritic, along with its Emmy-nominated Honest Trailers and the weekly video news program The Loop. For more information follow @getfandom or visit: www.fandom.com.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.