As our UX Designer, you guide the team in defining and optimizing the user experience of our tech solutions. You’ll assess business objectives, user needs and technological capacity and develop concrete solutions, then discuss and apply them in collaboration with the contributors of the project.
What you'll do
- Guide development teams on user experience best practices while reinforcing a user-centred design process
- Collaborate with the User Researcher to gather the data necessary for a good understanding of the needs as well as the context of use and to evaluate the proposed solutions with end user
- Organize and lead Design Thinking activities and workshops
- Collaborate with the UI Designer to design solutions relying on user research data and following ergonomic criteria
- Keep the project team up to date and provide access to user experience-related information all along the design process (scenarios, user profiles, flow, storyboard, etc.)
- Produce wireframes and functional specifications to guide the design and development
- Keep current with industry trends and comparable solutions
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You thrive in collaborative environments. You are eager to solve problems and provide structured solutions. You believe in collaboration but also in autonomy and proactive work. You care about details and have a passion for challenges. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- UX design experience
- Excellent knowledge of UX design methodologies and user-centred design process
- Experience in leading workshops and believer in the value of collaborative design
- Experience with UX design tools (Figma, Axure)
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.