You as a person
You are eager to learn new things and appreciate every opportunity to grow your expertise. You have an excellent analytical mind with an interest in big data and the gaming industry. At the Uplay team we value focus on being thorough, team-spirited and result oriented, while we aim to develop our platform and enhance the life of millions of PC gamers around the world. To maintain our around-the-clock service, you’ll be joining a dynamic environment, where you’ll meet challenges and tight deadlines will be a part of the day-to-day work, so you know how to prioritize work, as well as ask for help when needed.
- Analysis of platform data to provide clear reports about engagement, behavior, acquisition and retention
- Build and maintain collaboration with different stakeholders in China. Educate them on the platform, provide insights and data to support decisions and user targeted campaigns.
- Supporting decisions by providing standard and event specific reports to help the team understand how players are reacting to changes
- Definition of player segments based on behavioral data
- Building and maintenance of the data warehouses and data pipelines in cooperation with BI development
- Design of telemetry events for new platform features and new requirements
- Support operations and developers with platform insights based on telemetry data
- Good knowledge of SQL-based languages (MySQL, MSSQL/transactSQL, Hive, Impala)
- Experienced in (analytics) scripting languages, such as R or Python.
- Relevant university degree with focus on data, ideally combined with computer science or game development or an interest in data in a game development environment
- You know some of the troubles of online gaming platforms or digital distribution
- Drive, enthusiasm and insight into gaming and software development to be able to push our platform to the next level, by utilizing their analytical mind-set in collaboration with gaming experience.
- Familiarity with dashboard/reporting solutions like Tableau, Microstrategy, Grafana or similar
- Experience from working close to business/marketing is a plus
- Knowledge of non-relational DBMS technologies (Key-value stores, object databases, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent English and communication skills.
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovative video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in the Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!