Human Resources Rotational Program - Internship
On being a Human Resources Intern (Rotational Program) at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Human Resources Intern, you will have an exciting opportunity to accelerate your professional development by supporting all HR Teams through a Rotational Program. This role will take you through a 16-month internship of supporting an experienced and growing HR team that is focused on top quality service and strategy in a high-performance organization.
Type of Position: Full-time paid internship.
Length of internship: 16 months (must have)
Start Time: June 2022
Eligibility: Preference will be given to students who are seeking a co-op or internship position as part of their studies.
1. People Experience Rotation (8 months)
- Support in the implementation of HR programs and activities;
- Collaborate and provide administrative support to all HR Teams;
- Support in the integration and onboarding of new employees;
- Assist with the execution of wellness programs and initiatives;
- Assist with team purchasing with procurement;
- Respond to employee and manager inquires in a timely manner;
- Update and maintain HR processes (guidelines, process documents);
- Conduct peer review and audits on communications, presentations and projects;
- Perform other administrative and related duties as required.
2. Learning & Development Rotation (4 months)
- Support the Learning & Development team to respond to inquiries & requests from employees and managers in a timely manner;
- Oversee conference registrations and employees participation;
- Provide the logistical support required for L&D activities (book rooms, equipment, material);
- Provide administrative support & coordination tasks including but not limited to training events registrations, attendance, book rooms / equipment / material, and processing paper and electronic documents;
- Assist with project-related tasks as required;
- Update and maintain L&D processes (guidelines, process documents);
3. Talent Planning & Acquisition Rotation (4 months)
- Gain hands-on experience with the coordination of our various recruitment processes & pipelines;
- Work directly with our hiring managers to facilitate their recruitment workflow and the filling of their requisitions;
- Learn about how job descriptions are created, intake meetings are conducted, interview guides are created, and feedback forms and candidate scorecards are completed;
- Learn how we work with our ATS (applicant tracking system), as well as how we publish and advertise these positions;
- Learn the full candidate pipeline, from phone screening to extending offers;
- Support the Talent Acquisition team in tracking recruitment metrics & reporting data to all internal stakeholders;
4. Global Mobility (4 months)
- Support our relocation processes including working with external relocation vendors to facilitate a smooth relocation experience;
- Draft LMIAs, work permit and visa submissions;
- Research and update data bank of new resources available to better assist our relocated employees with integration;
- Respond to employee inquires in a timely manner;
- Coordinate and participate in social activities dedicated for relocated employees and their families;
- Support administrative tasks such as update guidelines, process, track budget, expense report and filing etc.;
5. Campus Recruitment (4 months)
- Support the Campus Team to execute campus events and Ubisoft’s campus programs (NEXT, Develop @ Ubisoft, Graduate Program), including logistics, collateral, and social media advertising;
- Collaborate with our Communications & Corporate Affairs team to engage with our University & College partners;
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to seamlessly execute our intern orientation program;
- Manage data tracking & reporting for all campus initiatives & early career hiring;
- Support the Campus team for intern & new grad hiring requests;
… And so much more!
How does it work
- You will spend 8 months with our People Experience team;
- For the remaining 8 months, your rotation will be with 2 out of the following 4 teams (based on availability & your preference) :
- Learning & Development;
- Talent Acquisition & Planning;
- Global Mobility;
- Campus Recruitment;
What it takes to make it
- In pursuit of a college diploma or university degree;
- Interest in HR and Recruitment;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT);
- You enjoy collaborating with various stakeholders;
- You are organized and like to jump on new challenges;
- You enjoy working in a fast paced and fun environment;
- You thrive working as part of a team;
- You don’t hesitate to take ownership of tasks assigned to you;
- You make things happen;
- Passion for video games industry.
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts who know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.