Insights Analyst III - Live Operations, Localization
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Insights Analyst III on the Localization team, you'll report directly to the Insights Manager of Live Operations within Worldwide Publishing (WWP). The main goals of Insights in Live Operations are to enhance the decision-making of leaders throughout the organization, guide and build strategic, operational and financial plans and improve processes and systems. You will work with multi-departmental decision makers and regional partners to analyze product and business goals, identify opportunities to use data more effectively, and present findings as they arise. You will perform advanced data analysis to influence and guide decisions on project prioritization and Key Performance Indicators.
- Build and run insights machinery: Determine what tools and processes are needed to create and maintain feedback loops, identify areas for improvement and track progress
- Build dashboards that help track localization's performance and self-serve insights for decision-making
- Determine the best set of metrics and KPIs to measure operational performance of localization
- Collaborate with localization stakeholders, researchers, data scientists, business intelligence analysts and data engineers to set up surveys and focus groups, determine test sizing/demographic and analyze results to make strategic recommendations
- Help identify areas ripe for greater efficiency, find causes for problems, and help teams figure out the best solutions
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes in front of business leaders and decision makers
- Share the results of your actions with your teammates and mentor junior analysts
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- 6+ years of professional experience in business intelligence, economic analysis, or related fields
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau and ability to maintain complex datasets
- Deep love for the scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes are important functions
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using multiple business or product frameworks and creating solutions for our players and our business
- Experience analyzing large datasets and communicating recommendations to leadership/partners
- Professional work experience in management consulting, business operations, strategy, consumer insights, or related experience
- Experience working with localization teams, global vendors and partners in multiple time zones and regions
- MBA or relevant post-graduate degree
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).