The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for Riot” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Counsel II in Dublin you will report into the Sr. Managing Counsel, you will work with Rioters and teams across the EMEA region.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements
- You will manage local corporate governance and company secretarial matters for our European offices
- You will research different risk factors regarding decisions and operations
- You will provide clarification on legal language or requirements to relevant EMEA parties
- You will advise and report to legal leadership, charting the course for big projects and long-term strategies
- You have a law degree from a top-tier school and are authorized to practice law in a European jurisdiction
- You have approximately two to five years of transactional contract experience and are comfortable working on multiple commercial contracts, employment law issues, corporate governance matters, (e)sports legal questions, tech licensing agreements, etc
- You will help define Riot's overall strategy in EMEA
- You will be an expert providing legal advice across multiple departments and offices
- You can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in English
- Having an additional EMEA language is an advantage preferably German, Spanish, Turkish or Arabic
- Previous experience working in games, tech, corporate or entertainment industry experience is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Family bonding leave
- Commuting allowance
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Vision allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.