WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Manager, Community Development is primarily responsible for guiding a team of Community Developers as they plan a game’s overall strategy for player engagement. This position enables a proactive community leader with strong digital content and communications skills to lead player strategy and engagement across a range of Ubisoft brands.
This person will utilize and refine effective processes for the team, coordinate efforts between his or her team members, and build relationships with key studio/production teams. The role will combine games industry, community management, publishing, and development team experience to inspire and grow a dedicated team of community professionals across multiple brands, offices, and time zones.
Additionally, this role will develop and build strong developer relationships while also growing a team of high performers. This performance motivated thinker will inspire our team to quickly adapt to change, produce exceptional work for our global brands, and champion new ideas and practices that drive retention and business impact.
Candidates for this position should have a thorough understanding of contemporary gaming genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices and production/business models.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with Community Development teams and Production to support, challenge and drive strategic vision for player engagement plans.
- Providing Community Development team with training, oversite, and accountability to standards and maximizing performance in pursuit of strategic goals.
- Collaborate with production and operational marketing teams to create global community plans for our titles, emphasizing performance goals, content calendars, and impactful moments to drive fan engagement.
- Ensure the Community Development teams deliver high-quality and innovative strategic engagement and content plans on-time.
- Run the teams efficiently, monitor team morale, conduct consistent meetings with stakeholders and partners, ensure appropriate visibility and support levels are maintained.
- Ensure production teams needs are being met by Community Development teams throughout the game lifecycle (understand product designs, provide feedback on features, suggest tools that drive community/social/viral activity).
- Guide Community Development teams to effectively manage day-to-day + crisis communication efforts.
- Contribute to best practices/procedures and ensure critical processes are followed.
- Organize and drive consistency in team reporting.
- Assist Community Development teams to track spending.
- Evangelize Community Development team activities and successes.
- Mentor teams to provide guidance on professional growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3+ years’ experience in a professional game development or publishing environment, preferably working on service-based games
- 6+ years’ experience working in community management, social media, online marketing, and/or user experience roles
- Creative and passionate gamer
- Comfortable with online communities
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment with a distributed team.
- Excellent leadership skills in diverse locations and dynamic environments
- Proven track record of building relationships and consensus while navigating complex, multi-national/cultural organizational structures
- Strong understanding of content production, management systems, and social media channels/platforms/services, mechanics, and trends
- Experience with social listening tools and key social media metrics, with an aptitude for quantifying community efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating digital content, managing social and digital channels, and overseeing blogs.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed partners.
- Knowledge and focus on marketing analytics and ROI.
- Strong organizational, project management, and cross-functional coordination skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Foreign language and/or willingness to learn a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
The position can be based in any of the following Ubisoft locations: Cary, NC, San Francisco, CA or Montreal, CAD and will require frequent travel to the relevant production and business locations.